Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Saturday, 5 January 2013

Happy is as happy does

Do you ever feel so happy you think you might just burst?

I was sat here knitting and son number 1 rang to say he was home from ski-ing in Austria. He'd only been home 10 mins and he'd rung :) I spent a happy half hour listening to his news.
Then son number 3 rang to say he was back at his uni home (we dropped him off at the station earlier).
And son number 2 got home early from work and asked if I was ok? (Cos we had just left son number 3 at the train station!!!!!)

Steve  managed to bring work home rather than go into his office in the city. So whilst he worked I tidied and cleaned the kitchen.

   Life is good.
I am so so glad that I can appreciate the beauty in the every day.
L.x.

8 comments:

  1. I know exactly how you feel. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imagine the fun we'd have if we did live close by each other Lynn..........I'm sure we'd never stop laughing or crafting.........it's nice to feel loved by your nearest and dearest.......enjoy it honey. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What nice chaps you have, and so good to be happy and content. Such a lovely post, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! It sounds like a lovely Saturday in your patch!
    I made bread and salmon cakes. The salmon cakes were delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Do you ever feel so happy you think you might just burst?' Every day, Lynn, when I look at my darling husband's face. He is disabled and yet he is so kind, placid and loving that he is an inspiration to me. And, like you, speaking to children is a wonderful way to lift my day.
    (By the way, what colour paint have you used on your living room walls? It looks lovely - cozy yet cheerful!)
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Kay darlin' - I loved your comment :)
      The wall colour is Crown Golden Cream. Now that was a laugh in deedy - we put about a dozen match pot samples on the wall and chose this colour. A decorator friend came in to do the job - I was working full time at the time and the whole house was pink from the lady before us - now I like pink - but ... it was EVERYWHERE. So I thought we'd go golden cream. I came home in my lunch hour and our friend had done much of the house and I thought - oh no it's more yellow than cream. But I said nothing as he had worked so hard!!! But you know, it cheers me every day!!
      Much love to you and your hubby.
      L.x.

      Delete
  6. Hello Lynn,
    Thanks for your very kind comment. Your blog is lovely! And your house and family, from the sounds of it. I like spring arriving at 2:20 pm with the arrival of daffodils. And the wonderful colours in your home. Also, I've always wanted to read Nella Last's books but have never managed to find them at the library. Anyhow, that's all to say I look forward to following your adventures in 2013. God is indeed good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah ha! I've used Crown Golden Cream before (before I met and married my husband four years ago). I'm thinking of using it in our living room. Our kitchen and north-facing bedroom are painted with Crown Gentle Yellow. I LOVE yellow - it sings to me of sunshine, beach-days and daffodils!
    (Just got to convince my husband that we need to change our living room from a rather dingy magnolia to a brighter cream!)

    ReplyDelete