Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Friday, 25 January 2013

Gulp! Mommy teary moments :)

I was talking to one of my boys and they were telling me about how one of their friends had had a disappointment in their life and was a bit upset. He told me what he had said to her and it showed real empathy and kindness and I just felt teary with pride that he had said such a lovely thing.

So I told him that I thought he had shown great empathy and shown what a good friend he really is.

I am a lucky woman.

You know, being a Mom is difficult isn't it? I mean they tell you what to do through labour and for the first month or so and they forget about telling you what to do for the next 18 years!! Yet despite all my bad mothering days it seems my kids are ok. Better than ok. They are nice, kind people. They are my friends and I thank God that they did this inspite of me :)

L.x.

5 comments:

  1. Their lovely personalities are down to you and Steve. You don't give yourself enough credit. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOT in spite of you Lynn, but because of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must be so proud of your son Lynn...........it's the hardest job in the world, raising children and you and Steve have done your job well. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for saying such nice stuff.
    I find it hard to acknowledge I did ok as a mom.
    I have had a high flying career but being a Mom was the hardest job I did but definitely THE BEST.
    L.x.

    ReplyDelete