Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Monday, 14 January 2013

Everything will be alright in the end, and if it's not alright....

....... well it's not the end :)

This is just one of many brilliant lines in the film The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

Product Details


which Steve and I watched over the holidays.

And the quote has fast become our own personal mantra.

So it is Monday again.

I determined this morning to keep busy and happy and that is what I have done.

Three loads of laundry done
One of Steve's suit cleaned, dried and ironed
 An hour's ironing done
Bed linen changed
Cleaning
Supper prepped and now I am making.......


draught excluders!

The rose one is almost done and then I shall recover this Christmas cushion.

It has to be done by hand as my sewing machine is on strike:)

But an hour or two in front of the fire quietly sewing whilst watching a good drama or a film won't be a hardship!

Hope you are well.
L.x.

6 comments:

  1. By hand!!! Wow, I'm impressed, Lynn! I always am amazed at how wonderfully even stitches were sewn by hand before the days of a sewing machine. Have a blessed, Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find hand stitching really soothing, but I have such a restless nature that when I sit and stitch I always feel like I should be getting on with something else.........housework sure seems to have a hold over me.

    Well done you, on a very busy productive morning Lynn. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello lynn,
    great film......
    love your draught excluders......great job(by hand).you are a very busy lady!!!
    have a nice monday evening,
    love regina

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hands will no longer do hand sewing, well not neatly anyway. I loved that film, cant wait for the one about retired opera singers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE that movie! I was just thinking about it yesterday because I have watched it three times.
    You are very industrious, sweet Lynn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So enjoyed that movie! Love the draught excluder.

    ReplyDelete