Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Friday, 18 January 2013

A walk at bedtime

Ok, so now I will be confirming my madness, but here goes anyway.

Throughout yesterday evening I was constantly drawn to the window to watch the snow's progress. It was beautiful to watch and so I did just that.

At 9:45pm as I waited for the kettle to boil I was at the window again when Steve said, "Would you like to go for a walk in the snow?" He said later that he thought I'd say no! But I called his bluff and said, "Oooh yes," and dashed to get my coat!

So heavily wrapped in hats and scarves we set off much to the amusement of my son and his girlfriend who stayed in the warm :)



We didn't venture far but it was lovely. The air was still and cold, snow crystals danced about our faces, and everywhere was very quiet and magical. Well it was quiet until we started to walk back and then we started singing in the snow and making patterns in our footprint tracks!

The footprints are filled in this morning with the overnight snowfall.  All evidence of our snow walk is gone. But we have another happy memory to file away for another day.

L.x.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, you have had a lot of snow. We are still snowless here, but it is fun to walk in it, if it ever arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun! I'd love to do that but we are so rural and always have the chance of running into a coyote, mountain lion, or bobcat in the winter. So I'll just stay safe indoors! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynn, I just found your lovely blog recently.

    Well I guess I am mad too then, cause I have done that with my husband! Isn't it wonderful?! I love the stillness, the quiet..and oh yes, the memories made. Thank you for sharing! :) Blessings, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Lori and welcome :)
    Yikes Terri!!
    Elizabeth - we now have five or so inches!
    L.x.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the warm welcome Lynn! :)

      Delete