Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Sunday, 30 December 2012

The Mellow In Betweeny Time

Hellooooooooooooooo!!

How are you? I hope you are well and happy.

Have you had a lovely Christmas?  I hope so.

I downscaled a lot this year and, you know,  Christmas simplicity and minimalism suits me finely :)

I love Christmas - really really love it. And I also love this inbetweeny time :) I love the lull between Christmas & New Year. One of my sons is in Austria - ski-ing. We had such a lovely Christmas time together and now he is using the in betweeny time to ski. I am using the inbetweeny time to read and knit and cook easy suppers and just be.

This pic kinda sums up where I am right now.....


Dark days, lamplight and Christmas tree light, log fires, my Dad's Christmas cactus reminding me of a great man sorely missed, the waft of hyacinths, peaceful days spent knitting and reading, fully appreciating the inbetweeny time.

Much love, as always,
L.x.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Lyn. Like you I love this time, somehow it is a preparing time for a new year, tidying, putting things away etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a peaceful post, thanks Lynn. xx Glad you had a nice Christmas, and glad to see you back in blogland. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your white Hyacinth.
    Thank you for all your sweet, simple,uplifting posts this year.....I really enjoy them.
    Here's to 2013
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you are back. Your home looks so peaceful, restful and beautiful! Hope 2013 is a good one. x

    ReplyDelete