Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Thursday, 6 December 2012

Making my own houseplants :)


In the late Summer months I had the idea to sow some bedding plant seeds for use as house plants.

I once worked in an office where we had tons and tons of busy lizzie (impatiens) plants. They were good do-ers; flowering pretty much non stop, all year round. My colleague then started taking cuttings in water and they rooted fabulously easily. So we had tons more busy lizzies!

So I thought I'd have a go - I tried nasturtiums, gerbera and geraniums and they are growing healthily in the conservatory but are not in flower.

However the busy lizzies are living up to my memories......





They are stuffed into this blue glass bowl and when they outgrow that they will be re-potted individually. Some are destined to be birthday presents in the New Year when flowers are expensive.

I am a bit unsure about doing stuff out of season like this but, I have to say, their cheeriness is winning me over!

                                                  Have a happy day.
                                                          L.x.

5 comments:

  1. What a brilliant idea! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Busy Lizzies. That's a cute name for them! Flowers everywhere, I say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to have colour at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant ....free flowers in December ....love Busy Lizzies
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete