Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Friday, 7 December 2012

Looking for inspiration

Just in case you think my life is perfect - lol!


After three months of good health I ignored the warning signs last week. So yesterday I crashed and had to take my slurring, weak self back to bed. Today I allowed myself a 20 second blart and then wiped my tears and took myself and my camera on an inspiration walk around the house..... still in my pyjamas!

So, doddery, doddery; I ambled around and noticed the Christmas cactus about to flower, the birds squabbling at the bird table, a squirrel preening and grooming himself before digging deep into the lawn to retrieve a stored nut or two, a gifted cushion from my boys this year, photos of my family all giggling last Christmas, and a blue, blue sky.  And I counted my blessings.

It's not a bad thing to have to go looking for your blessings once in a while :)
It's not a bad thing to have to search for inspiration sometimes.


This is my inspiration board in my craft room.






I am supposed to be helping set up Messy Church later which I will do if I feel safe enough to drive to the venue. In the mean time ,I shall set up the crafts for the session here at home, in the warm.

And later I shall look at all the lovely pics in this book & plan my next project. I bought this book a few days ago, I am so glad I did.





Hope you have a day full of blessings and inspiration.
L.x.

7 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better soon Lynn, I've had to slow down the past couple of days too, due to my topple in the garden..........I love that you can find so much inspiration in the everyday and ordinary.......great inspiration board, I may have to make one of those to hang in my sewing shed.. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take good care, dear Lynn. Go slow. Go slow.
    That book looks like my cup of tea! Yay for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ((((HUGS)))), my friend. Go slow! I love your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God bless you, Lynn. I, too, have health problems that limit my activities. Somedays I feel like I've aged over 30 years since I was fifty and things started going wrong physically (I'm now fifty-three)! But you're right about looking around for your blessings. I've been visiting my daughter in Wales for a couple of days and I am shattered - overdone it a bit! But when I go home to Cornwall tomorrow I will take a couple of days to 'recuperate' and think back over the lovely fun, happy, time I've had.
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  5. Urgh - get well soon! Thank you for posting about the bad days, as well as the good ones - I think that blogging is dangerous if we think that everyone else leads a perfect life, and we're the only ones who have the everyday grot to contend with. That book looks lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take care of yourself, dear Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look after yourself and take things slowly for a while. Love to see what you are doing and what inspires you as you are a great inspiration to me and many others I am sure. God bless. Love Lesley x

    ReplyDelete