Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Wednesday, 5 December 2012

Happy Days

I had a lovely day yesterday. Lovely and busy.
I did some paperwork for my husband, helped my son update his CV and then did some planning for Messy Church. My son rang and we had an hour's chat between his uni lectures.
Then I met the gang at a local restaurant for the Knit & Natter Christmas lunch. We had a smashing time.

Then home to do some housework, cook tea and an hour's chat with my Mom.

In the evening I slumped in the chair with my knitting - utterly exhausted - lol!

Today I am leading our church's first contemplative prayer and prayer craft course. This will be held each Wednesday afternoon in Advent. Today's session includes doodle prayer and is based upon activities in this book ...
 
Product Details

Next Wednesday we will decoupage a contemplative prayer card and the following week we will be making a contemplative prayer cross inspired by this book...

Product Details

So the fire is lit, cakes are baking (cake is compulsory for contemplation, don't you know!),  felt tips have been checked (and the many dry ones ditched!!) and I await my friends.

Happy Wednesday.
L.x.

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic stuff Lynn! Let us know how it goes too, xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you were a busy girl!! Sounds like fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look up Zentagle I think its called, very therapeutic doodling and getting into the praying thinking drifting off mode.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jill - I love the look of these :)
    L.x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds wonderful, wish I was near enough!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I love both those books! I bet you'll have a wonderful time and so will everyone participating!
    Sending LOTS of love your way, Lynn!

    ReplyDelete