Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Monday, 10 December 2012

A decorated cube


Many moons ago, when I was teaching I used to make my own games for the children. I did this firstly because it was cheaper and secondly I found that my own game exactly matched my learning objectives whilst remaining fun.

A favourite was an Old MacDonald's farm game. The nursery children sang the song and then we threw two dice - one with numbers and one with the picture of a farm yard animal and the child had to make the noise of the animal the number of times the number die rested on. Simple fun but very effective :)

I no longer teach very much so have been going through my resources to see what I could use for craft projects. And I found the animal die ....



I carefully peeled off the animal stickers leaving the wooden cube and then I decoupaged it and added some quotes to inspire....










This will be a small stocking filler gift.

I left one side without a quote so the recipient can add her own should she wish to.

I really enjoyed making this, hope the recipient likes it.
L.x.

3 comments:

  1. It's lovely Lynn, I may look out for some wooden blocks to cover for my new grandchild, expected in the spring...........they would look lovely in a nursery. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I came by for the Pause in Advent, and enjoyed this article so much. What a grand game idea for our younger grandkids - and what a lovely gift idea for all ages. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Kaye - and thanks for saying such nice things :)
    L.x.

    ReplyDelete