Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Monday, 17 December 2012

An experiment being pressed into shape

A photo from the ironing board today!

I have had this idea in my head for ages. I wanted to make a baby blanket from the teeny bits of donated pink wool left in the Knit and Natter stash.

So last night I had a go at a knitted intarsia heart and then added a log cabin knitted patchwork edging.



I was making this up as I went along so there was some un-doing, re-doing and wondering why am I doing this? But it has worked out ok so I shall now continue with the log cabin bits. I'll tell you if it works out ok!

Happy Monday.
L.x.

6 comments:

  1. It's fun to experiment, isn't it? I get so bound by knitting patterns that I forget to design and plan myself. Good work, Lynn!
    How was messy church?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pom Pom - Messy Church went well thanks - have emailed you for a longer natter!!
      L.x.

      Delete
  2. It looks like it's going to turn out pretty. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, what does intarsia mean?
    Looks lovely, why am I bothering to struggle to learn crochet when I could knit a damn square.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jill - intarsia is where you knit a block, in this case the heart, in a different colour. So you keep the heart colour wool at the centre of your work and blend in the back. Unlike say fairisle knitting where the pattern runs all across the work so you take the different coloured threads along the needle with you.
    I struggled for three nights last week with some crochet which eventually looked good but left me feeling exasperated!
    L.x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty Lynn........I'm sure it will be a lovely baby blanket. Have a lovely Christmas. x

    ReplyDelete