Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Wednesday, 14 November 2012

Shouldn't every day be World Kindness Day?

Morninggggggggggggggggg!

Don't you learn a lot on t'internet & especially in Blogland?

Angela (Tracing Rainbows) said that yesterday was World Kindness Day. Er........ does it say something of the world that we have to have a day dedicated to kindness? Don't people just do kindness as a matter of course? Despite my wonderings about it I do think it is a great idea and went to the linked website.http://www.randomactsofkindness.org/kindness-ideas 

Some of the ideas are scary - "help a motorist who has broken down "- and be mugged if it's a scam? Some of the ideas I do not have the skills for - "help a motorist who has broken down" came to mind again - lol. Some are beyond my budget - "pay the bill of the person behind you in the queue" - I can barely pay my own! And some I don't consider kindness but just good old fashioned good manners e.g. "Clear up after yourself" rather leaving your mess for someone else.

However overall, I think this is a brilliant website and it has made me wonder if I do something kind for someone else every day. Am thinking of taking this into the new year as some kind of resolution as there are some good voluntary/charity work ideas.

So what did I do that was kind yesterday? Well  I'm glad World Kindness Day was yesterday as I was, coincidentally,  a bit kind! (The day before I just felt a bit bad tempered - lol!)

So, yesterday I took some homemade pre-cooked meals to an elderly relative .....


.... and then took her to the dentist (not sure that bit was very kind- lol!)

What do you think about having a day dedicated to kindness? Are we kind enough to people? I don't think we are really.

Wishing you a happy (kind!) Wednesday.
L.x.

6 comments:

  1. I spent a meagre £2.77 in Sainsburys and got a voucher for 240 points if I spent £60 within the week [VERY unlikely] So I gave it to the harassed mother with toddler and full trolley who was in the queue behind me. She was utterly overwhelmed 'are you sure? don't you want it yourself?' She even came over to me in the car park and thanked me again!!

    But as you say, it IS sad we need a designated day- as Christians don't we believe kindness is a fruit of the Spirit? [And His fruits don't have a particular season]

    blessings x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely story - and the fact she was so grateful - I bet it made her day to think someone had been so thoughtful. Yes you are right about fruits of the spirit being non seasonal - non perishable too!
      L.x.

      Delete
  2. There's nothing like helping someone out and having a lovely warm feeling about it afterwards! I'm trying to get my brain to be quick enough to see needs at the time, instead of coming home and thinking about it later and saying..."oh...why didn't I do x y z to help them out??"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kindness should come naturally, with no strings attached.It seems odd to me that we have to be prompted to be kind.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm like you, I try to be kind all the time, good manners don't cost anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Surely it would be better if everyone was kind EVERY day! There are too many negative feelings for everyone when there is not kindness! Cx

    ReplyDelete