Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Friday, 2 November 2012

Sew convenient :)


This rickety old shelf in the kitchen is near my most favourite place to iron. Yes I have favourite places to iron - lol!

Anyways, here I can visit the opera (Classic FM radio), travel the world and learn new things (Radio 4), have a cup of tea with Miss Read in Fairacre or simply watch the birds on the patio - and get my ironing done at the same time!





I try also to make any repairs at the ironing board - a slipped hem or a button gets sorted there and then, otherwise I forget.

So I decided to put together a mini repair kit of the stuff I usually need....



This teeny, tiny tin has saved me many a trip to my main sewing box upstairs.
The job gets done more quickly and then I can go play crocheting or knitting!

L.x.

2 comments:

  1. I love your pretty shelf complete with bunting, and that's such a fab idea to have a mini sewing kit to hand when you're tackling the ironing.........I may steal this idea. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have stopped ironing. But that pretty area I might just take it up again!

    ReplyDelete