Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Monday, 12 November 2012

Monday morning: Let's eat cake!



Yum; there that's better!

Weekends are lovely things aren't they? On Saturday we painted walls, cleared guttering, mended the conservatory roof, and then went to a friend's party. I had been a bit poorly in the afternoon - slurred speech because I was tired so I went to bed (in the afternoon!) wondering if I'd be well enough to go to the party. Well, I was well enough  and in celebration ( and relief) I told Steve that I wanted to "dance and dance and dance" so we did!!

On Sunday we walked to church along the canal admiring nature's golden hues which the good Lord has provided :)

Our Remembrance Sunday church service was fabulous - a mix of the traditional with the village's brass band, silence at 11am, and then the modern; our own remembrance day prayers written on paper poppies.

Later, Steve and I tootled to a garden centre to buy our last Christmas gift - we knew this person needed new  secateurs - he owns his own garden business -  and we found just the thing & high quality for under £5 in the sale - it seems folks are buying  Christmas decorations and the gardening supplies are going for a song.

So now it is Monday again; work to be done, plans for next weekend to be made and thanks for last weekend to be offered up.

Praise the Lord :)

L.x.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lynn!
    Those cakes look yummy. Can I have one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its time I restarted cooking and baking.
    You seem busier than ever!

    ReplyDelete