Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Monday, 19 November 2012

Frugal birthday cake

This weekend I hosted a birthday dinner for my mother in law.

After I had budgeted for the meat in the meal - sadly, no vegetarians here :(  - I knew that I must just use what I had in my baking cupboard for the cake - which we had as dessert (another saving!) Sometimes, in the past I have bought a birthday cake but I am trying to be super duper frugal.

So I made cupcakes...


Alex came home from uni for the weekend. We have had lovely home time - crosswords, games, tea and cake.

When Alex was at school it was our tradition to eat Stollen cake after school on the first day back in November after half term. He grinned that I had remembered his November Stollen cake :)

The weather is blustery today and there is much to do.

Have fun!

L.x.

4 comments:

  1. Do you make your stollen? or get one from Aldi or Lidl? [always good cos they both are German and inexpensive]

    saw your comment re card - yes, feel free to use my designs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela - I usually buy a cheapie shop bought Stollen. Though it's not difficult to make but the ingredients are often more expensive than bought. And thanks for permissions :)
      L.x.

      Delete
  2. Well I would rather have those lovely yummy cakes than a large cake, any day, people are tempted to swamp the damn thing with candles.

    ReplyDelete