Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Tuesday, 27 November 2012

Did you make New Year's Resolutions and did you keep them?

Feeling brave, I decided to look back at my New Year's Resolutions which I actually call goals as I am more likely to keep them :) I wanted to see if I had managed to make any headway on any of them. Here goes.... the blue is the resolution that I blogged about this new year and the red is the update as of today :)

* to continue going to diet class - I lost one stone s-l-o-w-l-y went to diet class and lost 15lbs quickly. I have now plateaued but my plan is to start losing again!!

Well I put all the weight back on, told myself to get a grip and am now nearly two stones lighter!

* to try to get to a stage of fitness where jogging could maybe be an option rather than a) a joke or b) a cardiac arrest in the waiting
Mmmmm a) and b) options still apply together with lack of balance - never mind.

* to try more writing
Yes, tick!

*re-open my etsy shop (not sure this will happen)

Quite coincidentally before I looked at my resolutions I did actually start a plan for this today - still not sure though!!

* to lead a "read the Bible in a year" plan at church (I think I'll need to pray on this one - lol!!!!!!!)

Ooh - er - I think I will complete this by 31st Dec but it has been hard going.

* to lead a charity knit and natter group (launch date mid Jan - gulp - I still have to fix the venue)

Set up and now coming up to its first anniversary :)

Here are the 66 boxes that went to Belarus along with six blankets, bags of scarves and baby clothes. We also sent bags of clothes to the local premature baby unit, and hats to British soldiers in Afghanistan.



* to continue voluntary work I started recently - should be ok someone else leads it, I just do the washing up and the tea-making and the talking - I am good at talking :)

Yep, carried this on.


*Be a better wife, homemaker, mother. (yeah right - gonna need a lorra lorra help with this one then!! Maybe this should have headed the list not come at the bottom??!!)

Well I tried; lots of new recipes made, a cleaning rota sorted but only Steve and my boys can truly say whether I succeeded on this one.

* Take more tea breaks. Oh I so like this one :) I could call this a resolution cos I just know I can keep this one :)

Oh I was so, so good at this one; faithfully kept and further developed, though I do need more practice and so it will be on the 2013 list too!

Cheers!
























L.x.

4 comments:

  1. Good for you! :) Not sure if I'm brave enough to make a list of my own though! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you, Lynn! I like the tea resolution the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done you and I just loved your hat. Enjoy your day. Lesley x

    ReplyDelete