Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Thursday, 29 November 2012

Busy hands


First of all, thanks for saying nice stuff about the hat! Jill, I sort of made it up as I went along so no pattern as such. However any basic beanie pattern will do, knitted in the wool they say - I used a chunky wool. There are loads of free beanie patterns on the 'net just google beanie hat in the type of wool you want to use. Then I knitted the trim separately and sewed it on because I thought I'd never get the two tensions to match and it also makes the trim sturdier.


I found this blue yarn - just two balls -  in my craft room. Enough for a twisted cowl neck wrap.


My winter coat has no collar on it, just a round neck and I have been amazed by the different ways  I can accessorize it to look completely different each day.

I found this quote today - sadly just linked as "anonymous" if you know the author I'd love to know. Anyhows, it said, "Busy hands are never in want" . I find this so comforting, which is strange I know. Keeping my hands busy tends to keep my mind happy and saves me money.

Happy Thursday :)
Scales showed some more weight loss today - am doing the happy dance!
L.x.

PS Am thinking of going back to a quote for the day - I like this one... a quiet life and busy hands - sounds good to me :)

......make it your ambition to lead a quiet life: you should mind your business and work with your hands, just as we told you to, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.....
Thessalonians 4:11-12 ........

2 comments:

  1. I agree that busy hands are never in want, I get this dreadful urge to do something with my hands the minute I have a moment spare. I recently heard of this phrase 'down-time stress syndrome' and it is that need to be doing something when you are actually doing nothing. For me that is no bad thing as I find the act of crafting a de-stresser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely colour.
    I do hope you are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete