Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Monday, 10 September 2012

The wise man built his house upon the rock.......



........ but I built mine on a pebble from the garden.





And jolly fiddly it was too with my clumsy old hands! I had been asked to "have a go" at making one.

I began to have a lot more sympathy for the man who threw in the towel and opted for a quick fix build on the sand! The air was full of unChristian tut tutting.

I think it looks ok-ish  - am just worried that the other committee members might agree. If they do, I shall be making another 20 of these bloomin' things with the kids at Messy Church next month (whilst smiling pleasantly, chatting nicely to all the parents and at the same time, trying to stop the younger ones from eating the glue and cutting their hair with the craft scissors!!!!!)

Home Sweet Home NOT eh?!!
L.x.

2 comments:

  1. I love your little house! Well done! Messy church sounds extremely joyful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love the wee house. Where did the idea for that come from? We are heading towards Kids Activity Mornings in October and there will be 2 weeks, one doing Halloween and one Christmas. Wait till you see what we do with an empty milk carton!

    ReplyDelete