Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Monday, 3 September 2012

So where did August go?

Ok time to 'fess up. Who stole August?

Time has gone speedily by and I have to say I have been having such a lovely time :)

Hope you are all hale and hearty and happy. I have this crazy feeling of wanting everyone to be happy. Happy where you are right now. The world is not perfect and life is hard but let's be happy right here and now, even if that means being happy  in spite of stuff rather than because of stuff!

I have spent August learning new things - I now have a teeny tiny veggie plot!

I have transformed the conservatory into a mini jungle.........


.........and propogating centre.




Each morning I wander in there spraying (water! I don't do chemicals) and watering other plants with a jug and clipping and talking to my seedlings!

I have continued knitting and crocheting for Belarus.

I have had a massive clear out of greenhouse and garage - we took 2 car loads of stuff to the recyling yard!

I have learnt more about cooking healthily.

I have lost a stone - ye-ha!!

I realised today that the older I get, the more comfortable I feel in my own skin - lol! I don't want to be like others, I don't want or need lots of stuff. I just like being me - wandering around caring for my family, house and plants and enjoying being a stone lighter.

Did I tell you I had lost a stone - hee hee hee! I am a complete diet bore sorry :)

I also thought today that I really like this housewife milarky and woe betide the next person who asks me when I'm going to get a proper job!

Life is still imperfect and hard but I shall resolutely try to find happiness around me.

Much love.
Hope you are well.
L.x.

5 comments:

  1. So lovely to have you back! What a lovely, lovely post. The conservatory looks amazing, and will continue to do so.

    What with your talking to them and nurture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to know you're so happy and content. I've missed your posts! Love your conservatory! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello dearest Lynn! (LOUD CLAPPING FOR LOST STONE!)
    Good for you! You are exactly right when you say happy in spite of rather than happy because of. Smart!
    Your veggie growth is awesome! You are so right ALSO when you say that housewife stuff is VERY fun and VERY challenging in just the right ways!
    I have so much to do every night this week, as soon as I get home. Bill's traveling and we have Australian house guests coming. I must drink loads of tea to keep my cleaning spirits bright!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lynn, how lovely to have such a conservatory, and full of interesting little plants too. congrats on your weight loss!1

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your weight loss! I had to laugh at the language difference though. When you said, "I lost a stone." I thought at first that you were talking about losing a kidney stone. LOL!!! Glad it wasn't anything like that!

    ReplyDelete