Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Thursday, 20 September 2012

Crocheting the blues

I have started to work on the odd bits of donated charity wool, starting with the blues.



Some of the odds and ends make whole rounds on a blanket.


Some of the left-overs from a round on this blanket may only be the size of a golf ball but they  too are used up.


I think these blankets will be going to the Linus Project who make  knitted, crocheted or sewn  comfort blankets and quilts  for children in hospices, hospitals, domestic violence refuges etc.


This is all very satisfying :) Am having great fun!

L.x.

9 comments:

  1. Your afghan is so pretty! How do you know on unlabeled yarns which can be used together? I just am never sure. Thank you, Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You're fast! I like thinking about the soothing that will come when kids have a blanket to call their own. They'll feel the prayers that are hooked within the pretty colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Amgela - it's very hit and miss - I just go by touch and how thick the wool is. However I have to say I have mixed double and chunkier wools on these blankets as tension won't be an issue as they are not garments that need to have a good fit. If I have used a thicker yarn I only do a round or two and "balance " it with several rounds of the double knit yarn. They are all acrylic mixes - which the charity asks for so they can be washed easily. I think this is probabaly as important - mixing wool and acrylic may mean some rounds could shrink whilst others didn't.
    Hope that helps.
    L.x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have taken the plunge and started crocheting again. Remembered quite a bit. So hoping to also make bloankets for Linus or whoever wont put my efforts in the bin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. probably blankets better than bloankets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are well Lynn, the crochet is lovely, blue is such a restful colour.

    ReplyDelete