Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Thursday, 16 August 2012

West Bexington

West Bexington is slowly taking over from Burton Bradstock in my affections :)

WB is smaller, quieter, and not very touristy.

We spent a lot of time there last week.

Locals seem to stop off there too on their way to the shops - a quiet ten minutes by the sea and then they wend their way back up the lanes and onto Bridport and their business. Nice :)

On the seashore are these chalets. I think a couple of them are lived in all year round or at least for the majority of the year as they had established veggie patches.

There is an expanse of gorse in front of each house and then you're on the shingle beach.




I love the way some people can not resist taming nature and making a garden as these few houses have.


The gardens just spill onto the beach.

The boulders make a good bench for two bottoms - so long as you are both friendly and prepared to squidge up close :)

The beach is usually much quieter than Hive beach at Burton. I love watching folks fishing.

And the light can be incredible making a shimmer of silver sea sparkles.





We had fun on these wild walks especially when we started thinking about just how much we would have to downsize to live in a tiny chalet on the shore.
L.x.


3 comments:

  1. You certainly would have to downsize....and it's not easy I know!
    Such a lovely peaceful beach, I can see why you like being there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I DO love those sorts of beach dreams. I dream those dreams often. I would love to live by the sea. I think we could live in one of those tiny houses, but you 're right about getting rid of a lot of stuff first!
    Gardens and fishing. Short restorative walks. Thank you for taking my mind to the shore this morning, Lynn. I love CJ tales!
    (BIG HUG!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely place Lynn. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete