Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Friday, 17 August 2012

Forde Abbey Gardens

Gosh it was hot the day we visited Forde Abbey.


As usual I got a lot of ideas for our garden - I want to add more perennials. I liked the borders below edged in box. The week before we left home we had made a small lavender hedge border which will enclose a stretch of garden by the greenhouse that holds pots of cuttings and will soon accommodate large pots of vegetables & herbs.


I loved the long lines of vegetables but I think I will start my veg patch in huge colourful trugs first and see how I get on. I only want to dig up areas of lawn and condition the tough clay soil if I really do turn out to be  veg grower :) Trugs will be much easier for me to manage. I'll show you how I get on :)

L.x.

3 comments:

  1. Just loved the fountainy thing, would really like one of those for when the odd boy racer screams round our quiet corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good! We can compare notes. We're going to build up our struggling back garden and plant veggies next summer. I need new dirt. Our soil only grows ants at the moment!
    Your pictures are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a lovely place, my OH used to make deliveries there and get to go to it every couple of weeks or so. Ali.

    ReplyDelete