Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Friday, 20 July 2012

Wot a larf!

Hello - I thought this might make you laugh - or maybe I just have a weird sense of humour!

I saw my neurologist this week where I expressed my frustration that I seem to have relapses in my walking and talking and progress is s-l-o-w. He said I must be patient (oohh now why didn't I think of that!) as he is sure all will be well (I've been waiting 3 years now). He did say I shouldn't be out walking on my own at the mo as he thinks I could fall over - kinda makes you doubt that all will be well.

Anyhows, the funny bit...... he said that I must consider myself as a train - still going to the same destination albeit at a much slower pace than I used to!!!!!!! When I told Steve he asked if the dr had told me to admire the view!!

I have decided to smile rather than scream!

So I leave you for today.
Your friend,


TOOT TOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Oh Lynn!
    you are maybe too young to remember a story about a little engine called 'Clara Chuff' who just chuffed her way slowly along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so funny, Lynn! You seem to accomplish so much that you must have been a speeding bullet prior to the stroke. Doctors see so many people and I really wonder what kind of conclusions they come to (about humans in general!) My eye surgeon was so matter-of-fact, hardly registered a connection. I told him I liked his boots (they were very stylish and he's fairly young) and he looked at me funny as if he was thinking, "Hmmm. A fifty three year old lady likes my boots. Maybe they aren't that cool."
    I think YOU are more like The Little Engine That Could!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a funny old world isn't it Pom Pom?
    Diagnosis has changed. Apparently I now have "stroke symptoms - cause unknown" which "looks like Multiple Sclerosis but isn't". Apparently the neurologist has five other patients exactly the same as me.
    I think I would cope better if it was clearer. L.x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth - I haven't heard the story but I'd be "chuffed" to be called Clara - such a pretty name :)
    L.x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I think you far more resemble the Flying Scotsman, I know you do in your head. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, my, don't lose heart! I so feel your frustration. My husband went through something similar in his early 20's. At first he was diagnosed with MS, which mimics many other diseases, so it is a kind of catch-all diagnosis at the same time that it is difficult and tedious to diagnose accurately. When they finally discovered the real problem, they were able to fix it surgically...but it took them seven years to diagnose it correctly. He is now 60, and no more problems. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete