Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Friday, 6 July 2012

Whatever the weather......

.......there is still much joy and beauty in my heart!

I can not grieve for our wet and non existant Summer when there is still so much to enjoy.

(However, I do grieve for those families flooded and /or bereaved by the storms).

So I have much to feel grateful for .......

...time spent catching up on chores, making the indoors pretty and "playing" in my craft room.

...hours spent in the greenhouse transplanting wallflowers and foxgloves for next year & cossetting a very straggly & cheap tomato plant.

And then my 36 (!) free lavenders arrived! Just one inch in size but just longing to look like this.

 Lavender Ellagance Sky (excuse spelling have googled it and that was the spelling!)











Lavender Hidcote

Lavender Munstead


The greenhouse and my hands just smelt heavenly as I transplanted these beauties. Proving that life can be so good, whatever the weather.
L.x.

3 comments:

  1. 24 'FREE' lavenders! How amazing, that is a real bargain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could spit, by the time I remembered that offer I was too late. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely! You ARE making the most of the rain, Nella!

    ReplyDelete