Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Sunday, 29 July 2012

Some gentle reading

The week before last we had our windows and front door replaced. The workmen were quick and efficient and left no mess but it was like an invasion :) I am used to a quiet home all day and I like it like that - lol!

So this week I have relished the quiet and started a thorough deep clean of the house and started decorating too! Slowly, slowly this little train (see my last post - lol!) has painted the downstairs loo. I have to say I thought at one point I had died and certainly not gone to heaven - lol - it was such hard work and to think in pre-train days it would have taken me no time and I'd have just carried on going til tea time instead of having to have a lie down after!!!!!!

And when this train has been idling in the sidings I have been reading The Little House books. I had only read a couple before - usually read at the caravan where I sip tea from a tin mug and feel like a pioneer myself :)



But I treated myself to more titles in the series as well as a biography and some of Laura's articles and essays.



 Oh they are bliss and even inspired me to clear out and re-organise the pantry - can't be bad!

L.x.

2 comments:

  1. You always inspire me. Love to you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They ARE bliss! I agree! I do love reading about the simple joys they had and I love reading about the routine doings of home in those pioneer days, too!
    I think we all need a china shepherdess and if I ever find one or two, I'll buy them for us.

    ReplyDelete