Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Friday, 13 July 2012

Done roamin'

......well for a few weeks anyway :)



Last Saturday we went to Bath to help our son move house. The next day he joined us to play Terry Tourist in the city and then we meandered our way to Dorset to visit Calamity Jane  - I love that caravan :)

We have visited gardens, deserted beaches, ancient churches, walked along coastal paths, seen new birds on our birdwatching expeditions  and just sat and admired the views.

We have done crosswords, sudokus (him), needlework (me) and read a lot.

We have also mended the lock on the caravan but that's a whole new story - naughty Calamity Jane! We arrived after the floods and though it often rained at night we were warm and dry - ok Calamity all is forgiven. We discovered that the caravan heater is incredibly effective and we were very snug. And the days were all sunny except for just one :)

The last of the washing is gurgling in the machine, all is unpacked, I have done the tour of my own garden to see what has happened in my absence and I'm now ready for a cup of tea in bed.

I shall blog more about our hols another day - sorry to bore you  but my blog is kinda my life scrapbook :) But then I suppose most blogs are.

It's funny how a few days break from the usual and the norm makes you re-evaluate who you are and where you're going.

Hope you are all well ...... and dry.
L.x.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I've missed you! I'm glad CJ was so cooperative and that you had such a nice time traveling!
    I really think the English sun is going to shine and shine through August.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to see lots of pics pretty please. Sounds heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One thing you never do is to bore!
    I agree with you, taking a step away makes one look at life through a different perspective. Glad you had such a nice time.

    ReplyDelete