Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Wednesday, 13 June 2012

Whatever the weather

I know most Brits are sick of this awful weather we are having and I feel for those flooded out of their homes. As I am home and dry I feel I have little to complain about really.

So these wet days have been spent largely indoors. The hall was looking a bit worn and weary so I painted out scuffs and marks and went in search of photo frames that I have had for an age but done nothing with as the sun was shining then so I gardened :)

There that's better......




I made a new plaque to go over some key hooks.


And had a lovely hour looking through old photos for a new frame.


So a productive afternoon spent in the warm and the hall is now much more welcoming.

Happy Wednesday - hope you are dry :)

L.x.



4 comments:

  1. All dry here ,but will the sun ever come out again .Your hallway looks so welcoming and fresh ,ours is in need of a slap of paint too ,i love your plaque ,what a lovely idea xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynn! Pretty doings in the hall!
    I'm so sorry that the rain is overdoing it a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lynn

    Thanks so much for leaving a comment on my blog. I have been having a nosy at yours. I love the planting in your garden. I could do wit some tips! I will be back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Lynn............I say good morning but it's still pretty cold and cloudy here on the Welsh Border, although no rain this morning.............the plaque is lovely and really brightens up the wall, you've been busy freshning up your hall.
    lily x

    ReplyDelete