Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Saturday, 30 June 2012

Let's visit a monastery! Yep really!!

I love Mount Saint Bernard Abbey & have spent 2 retreat days there in the past.

Steve wanted to see what it was like so we spent an afternoon there- bliss: peace, solitude, simplicity and a vital awareness of God's presence. We attended a service where the monks sing the psalms - special, very very special.

And the views are just wow!


The monks love roses.....






"Calvary walk" is a bit of a climb.



But so worth it.








I love this place. .

L.x.

8 comments:

  1. Hope Steve enjoyed it too, where is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Steve enjoyed it - it was his idea to visit.
    It's near Coalville.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Have you noticed how wonderful the smell of roses has been just after the rainstorms we have had recently. It was SO strong in our village yesterday morning. I have yet to visit MSB abbey, and I really should, it is not that far north of here

    weekend blessings x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why you love it. What exquisite roses, I want to be there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! Have you read The Cloister Walk? I loved it and the pictures remind me of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely place, I'd love to go there, as I love to read 'Listening to God' by Joyce Huggett, and she visited the monastery in the book. Looks like you had a good day. I haven't read your blog for ages as I didn't know you had renamed it, glad I can read your wonderful writing again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely thing to say Jayne - thank you :)
    I love Joyce Huggett - have recently read "listening to God " and "listening to others",
    L.x.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read that Pom Pom - another to search for :)
    Hi Ang - yes roses seem ultra amelly this year - lol.
    L.x.

    ReplyDelete