Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Thursday, 7 June 2012


The garden is quietly doing what it does....






And so  am I :)

I am planning ahead as usual. The greenhouse is filled with nasturtiums, pelargoniums and begonias raised late so they will be in fresh flower during mid to late Summer when the garden can look a bit tired.

I have 36 "free" (pay postage only) lavenders on their way for a new border and also a small step over hedge that I have planned. A further 36 "free" perennials are in the post to fill in gaps. Box cuttings are finally taking root - they have taken 12 months :(  intended to edge and formalise a perennial border.

Yesterday I planned even further ahead sowing next Spring's wallflowers, and next Summer's white foxgloves.

And then I took some time out to just stand and stare and enjoy :)



Happy Thursday.
L.x.

10 comments:

  1. Your garden looks stunning, you should be so proud.
    Am interested in the box cuttings. We have two box shrubs that have gone mad as previous owners were not gardeners. I read it was easy to do - so how did you do it? Little pots, hormone rooting powder? and then what.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for saying nice things Jill - remind me to show the dreadful back of the greenhouse section :)
    Right, box cuttings - choose a dull not too windy kinda day cos they burn easily & then the remaining plant looks awful. Snip the plant into shape & use the cuttings - cut at a leaf joint, dip in hormone rooting powder, put a seed compost in a pot and place cuttings around the edge of pot - they root better if touching the pot edge. Place pot in a saucer of water, then drain - and wait. You can cover with a plastic bag but I tend not to as cuttings can get white mildew.
    L.x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blooming lovely! What a lovely spot to sit and soak it all in. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, absolutely beautiful!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your garden looks lush and healthy! We had hail last night so I must go outside and survey the damage. I hope the sun shines for you today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your garden, the pictures are so beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us. Hugs ~ Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. The gardens looking so beautiful Lynn and I'm sure with all of your planning ahead it will remain so.I hope the weather brightens up for the weekend :) and we can all enjoy our gardens.love juliexxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, how i'd love to have a greenhouse! lucky you! the garden certainly looks lovely & wonder if you know the name of that yellow rose you have in the photo? it's absolutely stunning! thanks for sharing over here at Fishtail Cottage's garden party! oxox, tracie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Tracie - I'll see if I can find the label :)
    Thanks for visiting here and hosting your garden party each week - I love it!
    L.x.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Roses and lavender...what could be better. I like the yellow rose; I don't have one in my garden.
    -Karen

    ReplyDelete