Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street

Every day is a beautiful day if you walk on the sunny side of the street
Summer days will surely return.

Friday, 29 June 2012

Before the rain

 When I went shopping at 9am yesterday the weather was bright and dry. As I packed away the groceries at 9:45 the first rumble of thunder came and the garden looked as if one of those grey army blankets had been placed over it. It was really strange the birds stopped their chatter , even the babies who squark for food all day.

Knowing a storm was brewing , I took the flower photos that I like to have for planning next season there and then, hence the darkness of the photos.

I wish there was smelly blogivision - lol. The gazebo is smothered in roses - white one side, a deep pink on the other side and their perfume envelops the entire garden.








I just got in the house as the storm arrived; thunder and lightening for four hours. The street drains couldn't cope with the deluge of rain and our drive was awash. Hailstones gouged at the flower beds and the wind shook our huge trees as if they were mere sticks. Then at 4PM the storm abated and brilliant sunshine returned.

Vivaldi weather; 4 seasons in one day!

L.x.

11 comments:

  1. What crazy weather! we've had a mini tornado, floods and golfball hailstones in our little corner of Leicestershire, all in a few hours- then by 6pm a gloriously blue sky

    blessings xx

    ps but when can I wear my pretty summer sandals?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What appalling weather, you can't believe it is Midsummer!
    Your roses are so lovely, is it Rambling Rector or Kiftsgate I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elizabeth - rambling rector - gosh you're clever!
    Hi Angela - I am risking frost bite and/or rust and wearing my sandals today whatever the weather - lol!
    L.x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Had been going to ask what variety the roses are as I'm looking for something scented for round our summerhouse, but I see I need to search for a "rambling rector" ... ooh err!
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lynn,
    I Just found your blog the other day.
    I love it, your garden is just beautiful


    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden is so full of gorgeous blossoms, Lynn! And I love the term, "Vivaldi weather". :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blooms are always stunning!
    Wow! What a storm! We are praying for that kind of rain so the forest fires will abate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still havent found the rambling rector. Just beautiful Lynn. The plants seem to have loved this awful 'summer' weather.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome Holly - and thank you everyone for your lovely comments.
    L.x.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vivaldi weather - perfect. I think for some reason we seem to have a weather shift, it has been happening here for a few years. We now get the same weather, and all it's torments, as Ireland. Seeing as my garden is buffeted by winds straight from the Irish sea it is hardly surprising. I am looking to put some colour in our garden. As I have probably mentioned I love your planting scheme. So number one then 'Rambling Rector' brilliant name, although it does make me think of a slightly randy vicar on a bike!

    ReplyDelete